We need to stop interrupting what people are interested in & be what people are interested in.
Craig Davis, Founder of Brandkarma
If you want to be what people are interested in, you need to deliver the right message to the right person at the right time. A comprehensive online strategy encompasses owned, earned and paid media.
Your owned media are the ones you control completely, such as:
- Your websites (for example, your corporate website or campaign sites)
- Your branded blogs or content portals
- Social media channels (including a Facebook page, Twitter account and YouTube channel)
These channels can be influenced but not controlled, but therefore they are potentially more powerful:
- Social media posts about your brand
- Reviews of your product
- Press coverage and free publicity
Paid channels are powerful agents for boosting your growth because they can provide traffic to your website directly:
- PPC (Google AdWords, Bing Ads, Facebook advertising, etc.)
- Display advertising
- Advertorials and sponsored stories